Off market means something not related to the regular marketing practices. Off market developments, therefore, summarily connote all those developments a.k.a activities beyond the regular scope of the marketing. It usually involves the buying and selling of the real estate properties in the UK.
Like the five fingers of your hand, different buyers and the sellers in the market have different value propositions against each buy and sale. For instance, affluent people don’t buy the cheap cars though these cars may have some value propositions as good as the costliest cars in the UK. The off market developments are, therefore, meant for those prolific buyers who want something special and unique bespoke to their interest and class.
The USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of the off market developments:
1) Discreet and confidential service: Buyers and sellers opting for the off market developments essentially wish to avoid crowd thereby they maintain their individuality. Discreet and the confidential service for them is the need of the hour befitting their unique requirement. This, in other words, construes that they are conscious on everything that they buy or sell here. It is usually prevalent among those belonging to the higher echelons of the society who wish to maintain their individuality in everything that they do. That’s the catch here with the off market developments.
The off market developments by far are not everybody’s cup of tea and, therefore, demand specialised service from the real estate agents here.
2) Premium buyers and sellers: People who opt for the off market developments are no ordinary people. As such, they are not constrained by the money. They rather represent the premium lot of buyers and sellers such as the celebrities, renowned industrialists who want the best real estate available in any market at a time. This essentially connotes that the agents working here must have thorough knowledge on the best properties in the market, their owners, and their preferences.
3) Handling the prolific customers and sellers: You have thus far fairly understood that the customers and the sellers in the off market developments. This, in other words, construes that you, as an agent there, will be handling the most prolific customers and the sellers. It, therefore, becomes an imperative for you to be knowledgeable before entering into the off market developments.
4) Fast closure: Time is very crucial in the case of the off market developments. Being the premium buyers and sellers here, they precisely count on the time spent on such activities. Hence, an agent willing to work here must have the vast experience and knowledge backed by the professional infrastructure for closing deals very fast.
5) No commission from the buyer: The crux is that the buyers here usually don’t pay any commission to the agent. Hence, whatever an agent has to earn out of the off market developments, he/she has to earn from the seller. It is, however, safer to say here that there is no sacrosanct rule that prevails here.
Choose your partner for the off market developments carefully for averting troubles later.